9.30.2007

birds and zapatistas and artwork! oh my!

I spent Sunday drawing and watching the Broncos suck it yet again. The pictures below are the result. I'm still figuring out what exactly I was trying to convey with these - I've been thumbing through this old issue of Proceso that we brought back from Mexico on the Zapatistas, wanting to use the pictures in a project. So I cut up some cardboard, cut up some pictures, "highlighted" them with white-out, and then coated them in really diluted acrylic to tint them. And then I drew birds on them. Don't ask me what it means yet. It's just what needed to be done. The birds are, respectively, a cassowary, a purple swamphen, a marabou, and a grey heron.


bird #1

bird #4

bird #2

bird #3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I did it but upon discovering your page, I immediately fell in love. Your art is lovely and so attractive! I really enjoyed my stay. :)